Do you need a boost to your classroom or meeting? An engaging new way to develop important topics or lessons, increase individual participation or build community spirit? Consider adding a GEMS RoundTable and see the positive results!
The GEMS RoundTable is a 30-minute supplementary activity which provides a controlled environment to accelerate learning and cooperative communications. GEMS RoundTables afford participants:
- equal time to present their ideas
- real-time access to basic information
- shared and rotating leadership
A GEMS RoundTable begins with 5 minutes of scripted readings and is followed by 25 minutes of discussion, with time divided equally among all in attendance. The format is flexible and perfect for:
- Classrooms – An easy and fun student-led activity cued by a Leader’s Guide andBasic Readings, it improves student participation and leadership skills and increases access to the curriculum.
- Staff Development – The GEMS Roundtable format is also excellent for staff development and planning. Its use fosters authentic communication and program ownership among all the staff without skimping on the agenda.
- Meetings – Suitable for groups of 18 or more people, especially faculty, PTSA, and departmental meetings, GEMS RoundTables help make your meetings more productive.
GEMS RoundTables have been implemented in a dozen schools. In addition, GEMS conducts ongoing daily RoundTables in the week-long annual educational conference of the International Society of System Sciences (ISSS).
Read more about the GEMS RoundTable, its benefits, delivery options, testimonials and applications in your environment. Choose the link on the left to see sample RoundTable templates. Contact us to find out more information and set up a demonstration in your environment!
Buddhist monk Thich Nhat Hanh says listening can help end the suffering of an individual, put an end to war and change the world for the better. Watch as he explains how to practice compassionate listening.
Thanks to Oprah Winfrey and Super Soul Sunday